The Georgia Lottery has released 2021-2022 GA COAM licensing helpful hints as the License Renewal Period for all Class A and B Master Licenses and Location Licenses periods comes to an end. The renewal period began May 1, 2021. The renewed licenses will be good from July 1, 2021 to June 30, 2022. Lucky Coin wants to make sure that all locations are made aware of the 2021-2022 renewal period. Below is the information from the GA COAM division about how best to complete the license renewal:
- Renew License Prior to Expiration Date – While the GLC sends courtesy reminders via email to current license holders, it is ultimately the sole responsibility of the licensee to ensure the renewal of their license by the expiration date. COAM Location licenses may be renewed beginning May 1 (date is subject to change) through June 30 each year or be subject to a non-refundable late fee of $1,000.00 beginning July 1 and ending after September 28. The late fee is a mandated statutory fee that cannot be waived by the GLC. A Location license that has been expired for more than ninety (90) days from June 30 may not be renewed. Applicants can avoid any last-minute problems with the online submission by submitting their application as soon as the licensing period opens for renewal.
- Registration Information – Licensees should ensure they have all registration information available prior to logging into the online licensing application including your www.gacoam.comusername and password, State Tax Identification (STI) number, Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN), method of payment information and any identification or citizenship information required to complete your application.
- Payment of Taxes or other State Financial Obligations – Before applying for a COAM license verify you have no outstanding tax liabilities or obligations (i.e. missing tax returns). Contact the Department of Revenue (DOR) for the State of Georgia at (404)417-4445 or go to www.gtc.dor.ga.gov to obtain a status on any outstanding corporation issues, tax liabilities or obligations, or update officers/owners.
- Apply for the Correct License Type and License Class – Licensees need to make sure they are applying for the correct type of license (Master, Location, Manufacturer or Distributor) and the correct Class of license (Class A and/or Class B). Important: Location licensees in possession of both Class A and Class B machines in the same business location or anticipate having both Class A and Class B machines in the same business location anytime during the licensing year, must apply for a Class B type license. Also, if you are a Class A Location License Holder, and you own your Class A machines you MUST apply for both a Class A Master license and Class A Location license.
- Updating Officers/Owners/Shareholders – Applicants must ensure ALL officer/owner/shareholder information has been updated with the DOR and the Georgia Secretary of State (SOS) prior to submitting a COAM application. A “Personal Information” page must be completed for EACH officer/owner/shareholder when submitting a COAM application. Failure to provide true and correct officer/owner/shareholder information on the COAM application, with the DOR, and with the SOS may delay the processing of your COAM application.
- Providing True and Correct Information on Application – Applicants are required to provide the GLC with true and correct information on their COAM application. This includes ensuring all address information, owner information and contact information for the owner(s) of record are accurate and all documents have been submitted. Applicants should not provide their accountants’ or bookkeepers’ information as owner information. Accountants and bookkeepers may be listed in the “Business Contacts” section of the online application. GLC must be able to contact the owner(s) directly for any application inquiries, and operational or COAM connectivity issues.
- Requests for Information – Respond to information requests from the RCA and Legal Departments promptly. Failure to respond to any information request may result in the denial of your COAM application.
Updating your information will ensure the timely and complete evaluation of your application. Failure to provide updated information may result in the denial of your application. If you need assistance with accessing your account, you may contact the COAM Retailer ServicesHelpline at 1(800)746-8546 Option 6 and 2.
If you have any questions about GA COAM procedures, or if you are interested in working with Lucky Coin, you can contact us at email@example.com, call us at 1-855-34-LUCKY, or visit us at our website. We specialize in Class A and B Georgia Lottery Skills Games, ATMs, Pool Tables, Golden Tees, TouchTunes Jukeboxes, Counter Top Touch Games, and all other coin operated amusement that make you money! We have put together comprehensive packages for gas stations, bars, restaurants, and nightclubs that have profited them thousands of dollars, with almost NO cost to you. We provide the equipment, installation, maintenance, and exceptional 24/7 service FREE of charge, and you simply benefit from the added income! It’s a Win, Win!