How to Apply for a Coin Operated Skill Redemption Game (COAM) Location License
How to Apply for a COAM Location License
To have a Class B Coin Operated Skill and Redemption Game, you only need three things:
- A location with an electrical outlet and a few square feet of space.
- A Class B location license from the Georgia Lottery Corporation.
- A Georgia Master Licensee, Lucky Coin Inc., to supply your games free of charge. (Class B License #000015081)
To learn more about how to apply for a Class B coin operated skill redemption games, fill out our simple form and we will contact you as soon as possible. We will walk you through the licensing and installation process.
What documentation will be needed to apply for Class B COAM license?
-Federal Employer Identification Number (FEIN) *
-State Taxpayer Identification Number (STI) *
-Alcohol License (if applicable)
-GA Lottery Retailer Number (if applicable)
-Driver’s License and Social Security Number (to verify lawful presence in US) *
-Credit/Debit Card to pay for licenses *
(*) Mandatory documentation for application process
What is the process to get a Class B Coin Operated Amusement Machine (COAM)?
1. Set-up account and apply for Class B Location License at gacoam.com
2. Select “Register” and fill out information to create account.
3. Once you have created account, check your email for “COAM License User Activation” and click the link to activate account and enter confirmation code.
4. Sign in to your GA Lottery COAM Portal account to apply or to renew a previous license following the prompts.
-$25 per Class A games per year
-$125 per Class B machine per year
-All fields must be completed or the application will not be accepted
-You will need a copy of front and back of driver’s license to download as attachment
*You can take a picture with your smart phone and send to email and use as attachment
-You will also need your Federal Employer ID (FEIN) & State Taxpayer ID. Your Alcohol License or GA Lottery retailer number need to be accessible if you want to supply that information to the GA Lottery, although it is not necessary.
-You will need Lucky Coin’s Class B License Number for application:
Lucky Coin Class B Master License #000015081
5. Open a separate bank account for your Georgia Lottery Corporation transactions,
“In Trust for The Georgia Lottery Corporation”.
Example: XYZ, Inc.
D/B/A RCA Food Mart
In Trust for the Georgia Lottery Corporation
6. Submit the COAM Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) Authorization Form by fax to 404-215-8997.
*To complete this form, you will need your Location License Number which will be emailed to you or found on the final page of your application.
7. After you have submitted your application, you may be subject to a Location License Site Inspection by the GA Lottery Corporation to make sure that the location is compliant with Georgia COAM regulations. You must be able to provide the GA Lottery inspector access to the location, so the location owner must have full access to the location for the scheduled inspection time. (i.e., you need to either own the location, or have begun renting/leasing the location prior to application)
8. Sign-in to your GA Lottery COAM Portal weekly (if not more often) to check on the progress of your application. This will help to expedite the process, as the GA Lottery may need more information as they process the application.
9. As your application is being processed by the GA Lottery, you may be charged a one-time, refundable Financial Security Deposit (FSD) based on your credit history, the businesses credit history, the type of business, etc., and this fee can be between $2,500 to $7,500. The FSD is refundable when the Class B COAMs are removed from the location.
10. The application approval usually takes between 4-6 weeks, but can be delayed if issues arise with the application, although that is uncommon. Continue to check the GA Lottery COAM Portal, to answer any questions the GA Lottery may have. If there are not any issues you should receive your license within that time frame.
11. Once you receive the license (by mail or by picking it up from the GA Lottery office), call and schedule an installation date with Lucky Coin.
To access all documents visit: GA Lottery Class B COAM Documents
Applying for COAM License Video:
If you are interested in a scene by scene breakdown of the GA Lottery COAM Licensing video, which will make getting the answers to your specific questions easier in English, or a version of the video in Hindi and Spanish click here.
Lucky Coin Inc. maintains our Coin Operated Skill Redemption Games, and insures each earns the highest profit possible. If one of our games is under performing, we have the ability to swap it with a different game that better suits your location. We know which games earn the most, and have state of the art games from all popular Coin Operated Skill Redemption Game manufacturers. Please click to see examples of the Coin Operated Skill Redemption Games (COAM) we install.
When you choose Lucky Coin as your Georgia COAM Master Licensee, you are not just gaining an amusement game supplier, you are gaining a business partner with a vested interest in seeing your business succeed.